Eating well and eating healthy is not something we should take for granted! Here at Casa Delhi we are about promoting an all-round healthy lifestyle and want to provide the best for our guests so that you come away from us feeling nourished from the outside within.
- Organic food tastes better! Our food is harvested when ripe (with you being able to choose your own produce) and is therefore fresher and full of rich flavour.
- Organic farming is better for our environment. Organic farming reduces pollution, increases soil fertility, and uses less energy. Weeds and pests are controlled naturally using crop rotation, hand weeding, natural pesticides. Farming without pesticides is also better for nearby birds and animals as well as our guests and neighbours.
- Organic food is better for health. Since organic food is not prepared using chemical fertilisers, it does not contain any of these strong chemicals and which affect the body in negative ways. Natural fertilisers, like manure, work extremely well, and we are more than happy to use this smellier, but safer, form of fertiliser!
- Organic raw milk has more antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, CLA (trans-fats known for anti-cancer benefits), and vitamins than non-organic milk.
- Organic food is GMO-free. Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) or genetically engineered (GE) foods are plants whose DNA has been altered in ways that cannot occur in nature or in traditional crossbreeding, most commonly in order to be resistant to pesticides or produce an insecticide.